Monday, May 17, 2010

A Sight to Behold

I wear glasses all day and just got a new prescription. Because glasses are an extension of one's face, choosing a frame is an important undertaking - are you a statement maker? Conservative? Whimsical? Feminine? For me the aesthetic is very important, so you'd think I love shopping for frames. You would be incorrect. As soon as I take my glasses off, I can't see, so trying on frames is like listening to music with the mute button on. Maybe I exaggerate a little. But only a little.

Today, I tried on too many frames to count and at the end of it all, I had a headache and no frames. Dejected, I started to walk out when I spied a strange pair of frames on the counter that I hadn't asked to look at. Nobody knew why they were there, but they were like nothing I'd seen before. I popped them on, looked in the mirror and voila, my search was over. Here they are!


I love how they have the rimless part of the frame at the top rather than the bottom, where it usually is. They're by Parisian frame maker Lafont. They specialize in slightly off-center (in a good way) frames in colors ranging from black to flourescent green. And the styles...oh la la. I was in love with their wearable works of art. Best of all, the shockingly high price had been slashed to less than half the cost. Sold! Here are some other models they dreamed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment