Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Nightstand


I occasionally receive copies of books for review from Amazon and was thrilled to find this in my mailbox recently. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm already eager to put this on the "must, must read" list for all those who create for a living.

Kick Ass Creativity is a great tool for inspiring not just artists, but anyone interested in identifying and sharing their unique contributions with the world. Lately I've been thinking and reading a lot about how when we engage in a symbiotic relationship with our world, our world takes care of us. A very simple example is a home garden. I grow vegetables that my family eats. The peels and leftovers go into the compost pile, which decompose and turn into nutrient rich soil. That soil is mixed with the existing soil and feeds new plants the following year, which in turn feed us.

This is true of creativity. When we open ourselves up to new experiences, we nourish our creative souls and are in a better position to both create and share the fruits of our inspiration with the world. KAC helps readers to gently quiet the negative thoughts and gives us permission to both visualize and pursue a future with our artistic dreams fulfilled. Sign me up.

1 comment: